I was recently gifted a beautiful scarf! (Thanks Aunt Eileen!) I knew I could not wait until Fall to add it to an outfit, so I decided to incorporate it into a summery look for a night out on the town!
I chose a fun printed pant in a pattern that complimented the pattern of the scarf. A neutral white top kept the two prints balanced.
A lovely pair of shiny patent sandals dressed up the look and my purple owl clutch was a classy touch and easier to carry than a large bag. Adding the scarf brought the outfit up a notch by making it dressier than if I had just worn a top and pants. It’s a great anytime accessory.
It’s not always the easiest to make a scarf work on sweltering summer days so here are some tips to wear one easily during the warmer months!
1. Pair with a tank top or sleeveless top to stay cool.
2. Add sandals instead of boots so you look like you’re ready for summer, not fall.
3. Knot the scarf in a wider loop, allowing your neck to breathe.
4. It’s also a good idea to pull your hair up and off your neck as well.
5. Most importantly – have fun with it!